Thursday, March 19, 2009

I see dead people

Quite a few of my work associates, friends etc have dropped dead in the last couple of years. For some reason I've been dreaming about them alot lately. If it isn't my poor dead cat, it is my co-worker who died of complications from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. I know this sounds odd but I think I can lay at least part of the blame on oct-mom. See I used to have this friend at work and we'd eat stories up like octo-mom. We'd relentlessly pursue any news, dissect her life, state how we could do things so much better and so on. Since this woman is still in the news I get the urge frequently to send an e-mail to my friend so we can dish. Problem is she too died earlier this year and I still haven't processed it. She wasn't that much older than me so that is always freaky. After all we never think of ourselves as old do we? When we hit 30 we think that's not so old, then 40 hits and then...can't wait until I'm in my fifties and still think I'm a young thing. We'd lost touch over the past few years but the thing is I can hear in my head almost exactly what she would have said. I miss her and I wish I'd kept more in touch.

No comments: