Thursday, August 23, 2012

A better day

Amazing what the attention of a small furry creature can do for one. Marguerite, our second cat, absolutely ignores my existence. I’m not even a food source for her, so great is her disdain for me. So, imagine my surprise when she hopped up on my bed Monday night and actually sat with me for a whole fifteen minutes! Even she knew I needed a bit of TLC. She has also been coming in daily now and spending some time with me on subsequent days. Our furry companions make a world of difference!

Secondly, Miss Whimpery has been taking her shots in the stomach, without passing out or shrieking. Here’s hoping that trend continues.< P/>

Thirdly, while I cannot take a long soak in the tub, I got up and gave myself a nice long bath, well as nice and long as sitting in the chair and spot bathing can be. Even this type of bathing though can do the trick .< P/>

I received a very nice phone call from my worker’s comp rep to clarify some issues. I’ve mentioned it before but I am absolutely scared spitless to see what the final bill is going to be, who is going to pay it, and how much of my future life will be spent on a phone. Incidentally, the first thing she asks was “How are you feeling, are you okay” Good public service persona right there

I got a phone call back from the urgent care doc the day following my visit to urgent care. I was initially suspicious as no one ever calls you back, ever, but he was doing simple follow through and he apologized for sending me to the wrong anti –coag clinic. I’m definitely beginning to see the differences between an HMO clinic and a hospital. Let me say once again how much I appreciate PAMF!

I let myself be good and upset for a day or so but have let it go, much better for my psyche. BTW I would like to clarify that it was not the surgeon who was a jerk. I don’t have much contact with him but he has been very pleasant when I do speak with him. Let’s remember and give equal acknowledgement to the fact that nurses, PA assistants, etc are also health care professionals .They too should get the respect and be held up to the standards of the MD.

No comments: